erinlowell
erinlowell
Community Member
edited September 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Mac Version: 10.14.6
Chrome: Up to Date
1Password: Up to Date

Steps to recreate:

1. Try to sign into a website from Chrome using the command backslash shortcut.
  2. A popup appears from Chrome saying I need to install the extension. It is already installed, but I try again.
  3. Try again, problem repeats.

It says the desktop app is required. I have it and it is open.

I've tried rebooting Chrome, no luck. Is this fixable? And if so how?

Thanks for any help.

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6

Comments

• @erinlowell

It looks like your 1Password might be out of date. Can you go to 1Password > Preferences > Updates, and check for updates? Once that is done, I'd like us to try and re-establish communication between 1Password and Chrome:

1. Quit 1Password completely by clicking the 1Password menu beside the  logo and choosing Quit 1Password Completely
    2. Quit your browser.
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test again to see if the issue is resolved.

If you're still having troubles, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Send the report to us at support+x@1password.com with a link to our current discussion. One of our team members will have a look and let you know what we find.

• erinlowell
    erinlowell
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for helping me. I did that before posting, and it says I'm running the latest version. I just checked again and it says I have the latest version. But I can see on a different computer there is a newer one. I don't know how to get it to update since it thinks I'm up to date.

However, I tried your steps and here's what happened. There was no option to Quit 1Password Completely, just a simple quit 1password, so I did that. I did get it working again, so that's good. But I'm not sure what to do about the fact that I can't access the latest version.

• @erinlowell

I'm glad to hear quitting 1Password and your browser did the trick for you. I suspect you didn't have the Quit 1Password Completely option in the menu since it was only introduced with version 7.8.7. If you don't have the update file available, I suspect this might be managed via your enterprise. Does your company usually deploy updates on your behalf, or do you have permissions install apps yourself?

• erinlowell
    erinlowell
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, I bet that's it. My company asks us to use it - I never considered that. I will check with them!

Thank you so much for your wonderful help!

• You are most welcome @erinlowell!

If you discover that you do have permissions, let us know and we'll be happy to help get you to the latest version. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.