Unable to open 1P for Safari from the Toolbar - Spinning Wheel of Death

Options

Fresh launch of Safari Version 15.1 (17612.2.9.1.20). 1P application opens fine, and the 1P Menu Bar works. But clicking the Toolbar icon results in this:

1Password Version: 80400010
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: 12.0.1 (21A559)

Comments

• wunthyll
    wunthyll
    Community Member
    Options

Mine's been like that for the past 2 months at least. Both 7 and 8. Between 8 dropping features and being more user hostile and 7 just ceasing to function its getting really close to me dropping 1password.

• Hello @wunthyll,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. It seems like "1Password for Safari" has difficulty connecting with the 1Password app. In this case, please send 1Password logs and a diagnostics report from your computer to us via email here at your convenience, and I will be with you shortly.

You can follow the steps here to create a diagnostics report from your computer:

Open the 1Password app > Select 1Password in the menu bar > Preferences > Advanced > Send Diagnostics.

You can try the steps here to create 1Password's logs: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member
    Options

A reboot of my computer has - at least temporarily - solved the problem. When it next occurs, I'll run the diag report.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @HFTobeason

Ben

This discussion has been closed.