1Password 8 not working as expected versus 1Password 7

Options
Dimtar
Dimtar
Community Member

Hi all.

When 1Password version 7 made the change to link the browser and desktop versions it was the best! Now I could set it so when my computer boots I would enter my master password once and I could close and re-open different browsers to my hearts content and everything would be logged in and working.

Such is not the case after upgrading to 1Password version 8. If I open Firefox just after boot I can login to 1Password and away it goes but if I close and re-open the browser it needs a login again. If the system tray is anything to go off it seems like its launching the 1Password 8 desktop client but then it gets closed once Firefox is closed. Thus ending up with a few 1Password logos as I close and re-open browsers that clear once I mouse over them.

I have every setting I am familiar with set to not lock the vault for any reason and this used to work perfectly in 1Password version 7, hopefully its a mistake on my part.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Dimtar:

That definitely isn't what we want you to experience when using 1Password 8. Just to confirm, "Integrate with desktop app" is enabled in the Firefox extension settings? Let me know!

Jack

• Dimtar
    Dimtar
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack

Yes it is enabled, when I first open Firefox and open the addon it launches 1Password 8 and I enter my master password.

• Thanks for that @Dimtar. Since that doesn't sound quite right, I'd like to investigate a little bit further as to what could be going on. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Dimtar
    Dimtar
    Community Member
    Options

Done
    [#DRI-13616-966]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dimtar:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system, and I see that my colleagues have already replied to your email :+1:

ref: DRI-13616-966

This discussion has been closed.