1PW icon not showing in toolbar in Firefox browser

Options
DoNotStaple
DoNotStaple
Community Member
edited December 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

This discussion is somewhere in these threads, but I want to start from scratch. I'm having trouble with my 1PW program icon not showing up in the Toolbar. The extension shows up in the Menu Bar, but not in the Toolbar. I'm enclosing screenshots of my add-ons in Firefox and of my toolbar. There is absolutely no way I can find to get the 1PW program icon to show up in the Toolbar. Please help.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.2 (70902005) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 12.1 (21C52)

Comments

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

P.S. I have no other add-ons in my Firefox browser except 1PW, so there shouldn't be anything interfering with 1PW.

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

Is anyone else having this same problem?

• GPW
    GPW
    Community Member
    Options

I am having this exact problem. I eventually got the 1P icon in my toolbar, but it is "locked." See screenshots.

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@GPW
    It's a miserable problem. I thought I was the only one. Good luck getting it done.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @DoNotStaple ,

Can you please try the steps outlined here and see if you can get 1Password back into your Firefox's toolbar: https://support.1password.com/missing-browser-button/
    Also, please disable/remove the extension you're not using, you should not have both 1Password extensions installed and enabled simultaneously like you show in your screenshot.

@GPW this is a different and unrelated issue. I have already replied to you in a different discussion.

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

Hello ag_yaron

I followed your instructions customizing the toolbar, but there is no 1PW icon in the list of choices. Additionally, yesterday I reset my Firefox profile. It didn't help. Any other ideas?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update @DoNotStaple .

Have you tried creating a new Firefox profile yet? If not, please try it and install only 1Password in it, then see if 1Password's icon shows up in the toolbar.

Also, if you install any other extension, does it show up properly in the toolbar or is it also missing?

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron

The profile instruction didn't work. Also, the 1PW icon is still missing in the "Customize Toolbar" and still missing in the "Toolbar'. i believe I'm going too give up and stick with with "Safari". 1PW works flawlessly with Safari. Thanks for your help all the same.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @DoNotStaple ,
    I'm really not sure why your Firefox is so stubborn, and I understand your decision to stick to Safari.

I personally use Brave which I recommend, if you're in the market for a new browser :)

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron

I removed all of Firefox including all of its files and folders. Then I downloaded a fresh copy of Firefox and now 1PW is in the "Toolbar" and working great. Thanks for all your help!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm really glad to hear it @DoNotStaple ! Well done :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.