Safari extension

Options
mbk28
mbk28
Community Member
edited December 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I can't install the new extension for safari on my new Mac M1 Max.
I. download it but it don't go in the safari (normal or beta) preferences

1Password Version: 8.5.0-46.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 12.1 (21C52)

Comments

• Hi @mbk28:

Just to confirm, "1Password for Safari" is showing in your Applications folder? If so, let's try refreshing Safari's extension registrations. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Open the Terminal app on your Mac: https://support.apple.com/guide/terminal/open-or-quit-terminal-apd5265185d-f365-44cb-8b09-71a064a42125/mac
    3. Paste the following into Terminal and then press enter to run the command: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app
    4. Open Safari and try to enable 1Password for Safari again.

Let me know how that goes!

Jack

• HCvanSoest
    HCvanSoest
    Community Member
    Options

Same here! 1Password for Safari doesn't show in Safari Preferences/Extensions. Using the suggested change via terminal doesn't work.
    Terminal says:file not found.

• Ben
    Options

@HCvanSoest

The command Jack posted gets wrapped by the forum, but it should all be on one line when you paste it into the Terminal. Can you please confirm that's the case?

Ben

• mbk28
    mbk28
    Community Member
    Options

Today, I download a new time 1p beta, install it and reinstall the extension and it's work on safari normal and beta

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @mbk28!

Ben

• HCvanSoest
    HCvanSoest
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben. The command Jack posted was indeed wrapped. Followed your advice and now it works!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear @HCvanSoest, thank you for the update :)

This discussion has been closed.