Edge chromium "Internet Explorer Mode" - autofill not working

Options

At work I have an intranet site for a Citrix portal.
1password browser extension for Chrome allows autofill on this site, however the extension for Edge Chromium does not.
I have noticed that our organisation pushes a GPO to configure Edge Chromium to use "Internet Explorer mode" for this site.

Can someone confirm whether 1password extension autofill is tested to work with Edge Chromium in internet explorer mode, and if not whether it would be possible to add this support?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10, 20H2

Comments

• woodsb02
    woodsb02
    Community Member
    Options
  • @woodsb02

When using Microsoft Edge in "Internet Explorer Mode" it effectively switches from the Edge engine to the IE mode engine. This means it does not have a modern web extension APIs, and we can't easily reuse our extension code the same way we can for Chrome, Firefox or other browsers. If you find autofill is not working, I'd recommend trying the drag and drop feature instead. Let me know if that works for you!

• woodsb02
    woodsb02
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_chantelle, thanks for the feedback.
    Yes, drag and drop does work, however not quite as convenient and hands free as auto fill.
    Understand it adds significant development effort given you cant re-use the current extension code. Shame on Microsoft!

• @woodsb02

You're most welcome! You're right, there's no easy way around this limitation. I suppose the same can be said for programs, like Citrix, that have not yet adapted/evolved for their sites to run on more modern browser APIs.

• woodsb02
    woodsb02
    Community Member
    Options

To be fair, this is an old version of citrix, and not sure if the newer versions have the same issue. So it’s probably more our organisations fault for not running newer versions of software.

• @woodsb02

That sounds fair. I can imagine the financial impact of moving an entire organization to a newer version, as well. Hopefully the workaround isn't too disruptive for you in the meantime. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.