Since 7.9.3, TouchID no longer works. Always seeks master password. Browser extension warnings.

Options
BirdyOz
BirdyOz
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Since upgrading to 7.9.3 several days ago, I have had multiple issues with 1P and the 1P Chrome Browser extension.

• 1P no longer accepts TouchID authentication, even though this is enabled in preferences. Always requires Master Password. Very annoying, as if I've been away for 5 mins, I need to re-enter my password, which is 36 Chars long.
  • The Chrome Browser extension continually states "Chrome has an update available. Restart Chrome to install the update and reconnect with 1Password". I have restarted multiple times, without effect. I have deleted and re-added the 1P browser extension, without effect

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: MacOS 12.2

Comments

• jeb1138
    jeb1138
    Community Member
    Options

FYI I was getting this same message from the browser extension the past few days. It went way for me after I manually triggered an update to version 7.9.3 (from 7.9.2) in the macOS app.

• sharwass
    sharwass
    Community Member
    Options

I am asked for master password each and every time. i have a macbook pro 2017. how do i fix this? thanks

• liangpig1
    liangpig1
    Community Member
    Options

Got the same issue. Manually upgrading the OSX 1Password App from 7.9.2 to 7.9.3 fixed it.

• bastula
    bastula
    Community Member
    Options

I was using the Mac App Store version 7.9.3 and it would not work. I switched back to the downloaded version from 1password.com and it resolved all my issues.

• Daviduk
    Daviduk
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here as of today, version 7.9.3 from app store, touch ID works fine in the desktop app, but I have to enter my full password each time in the browser version, firefox and edge (the one in Safari doesn't respond).

OS Monterey , Macbook Pro 16 (2021) with M1 Max

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey everyone! Thanks for sharing your experiences. There was a big update to Chrome recently. In response, our developers had to update 1Password 7 on Mac so that things could work with Chrome smoothly. If you're repeatedly getting a message about the Chrome update, or if you've updated but cannot use Touch ID, please make sure that you have the latest version of 1Password (v 7.9.3) from our website: https://support.1password.com/get-the-apps/

If you're still having trouble after that, please fully quit Chrome, fully quit 1Password, and test things out once more. Let me know how things go @BirdyOz @sharwass @Daviduk

This discussion has been closed.