Updated 1Password and OSX and global keyboard shortcut no longer works

Options
aroscoe
aroscoe
Community Member

Hi there, I recently updated 1Password (7.9.3) and OSX (12.2.1) and my global keyboard shortcut for filling in passwords on web browsers no longer works. It used to be ⌘\ and when I went into 1P settings and cleared it and then tried to type it back in OSX tells me its already used. I went to the Keyboard Shortcuts section in System Preferences and nothing there has taken its place. Any idea how I can get this back?

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1

Comments

• Hey @aroscoe:

Thanks for reaching out! This is something we've been investigating, and haven't tied down just yet, but these steps do tend to get everything working again. Just as a note, this will clear all preferences (including disabling Touch ID / Apple Watch unlock), so ensure you have your account password so you're not locked out of 1Password.

1. If 1Password is running, right-click the 1Password icon at the top right of your macOS menu bar, and choose Quit 1Password Completely.
    2. Open Finder and go to: ~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword7/Data/Library
    3. Locate Preferences and move it to Trash.
    4. Go to: ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library
    5. Locate Preferences and move it to Trash.
    6. Open Terminal and run the following command: killall cfprefsd
    7. Open and unlock 1Password, and confirm that your default keyboard shortcuts are in place.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• aroscoe
    aroscoe
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! This worked perfectly.

• Hey @aroscoe:

Awesome, glad to hear that did it for you! Please get in touch if there's anything you need in the future. 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.