I need to retrieve my previous password. I saved a new one in error not realizing it's not valid

Website told me my pw was going to expire and I needed to change it. I did and used the PW generator and saved in to 1Password before verifying it would be acceptable for the website. It was not. I need to log back into the website with the old PW I had so that I can properly update my PW, but I don't have it because I already saved the new PW generated by the 1Password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I need to retrieve my previous password. I saved a new one in error not realizing it's not valid

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Community Member

@Leonora You can view previously used passwords in the 1Password 7 for Windows app or online at 1password.com. Search for the item concerned and below the username, password, etc you'll see a button labelled "Show previously used passwords".

• Jack.P_1PJack.P_1P

Team Member

Hey @Leonora:

Were you able to locate your previous password using the steps @rootzero provided? View and restore previous versions of items

Let me know, and if you're still having trouble I can dig into it further with you!

Jack

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file