Safari Extension Stopped Working

Options

I'm not sure if this is a beta issue or not.

I'm running the Mac v8 version, and the safari extension disappeared from Safari overnight. It's not even showing in Safari Preference -> Extensions. I uninstalled the extension and reinstalled it, and rebooted, no luck.

1Password Version: 8.7.0 80700012
Extension Version: 2.3.1
OS Version: 12.3

Comments

• Hi @Freesundae, I'm very sorry to learn of this.

To make sure I understand correctly: is it true that the extension is still not showing in Safari's Preferences > Extensions menu even though you re-installed it? Did it disappear between reboots?

This is of course not expected behavior, but we'll be happy to help resolve it for you. Thanks for helping us get a sense of the issue so we can provide the best assistance. 😃

• Freesundae
    Freesundae
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

That's correct, and it's still not showing. It disappeared overnight. At least that's what I've narrowed the disappearance down to Thursday the 24th into Friday the 25th.

• Hey @Freesundae:

Thanks for confirming. Let's try refreshing Safari's extension registrations. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Open the Terminal app on your Mac: https://support.apple.com/guide/terminal/open-or-quit-terminal-apd5265185d-f365-44cb-8b09-71a064a42125/mac
    3. Paste the following into Terminal and then press enter to run the command:
    /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app

1. Open Safari and try to enable 1Password for Safari again.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• Freesundae
    Freesundae
    Community Member
    Options

That did it!! Hallelujah!!

Thanks!

• You're very welcome @Freesundae!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.