Watchtower Report Issue

Options

When I run the Watchtower report, number of passwords in each category (fantastic, excellent, etc. Mine, for example shows 2 in the fair category, but it doesn't tell me which ones only have fair passwords. Is there a way to determine that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @wdl0355 ! Thanks for sharing your feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password better.

Watchtower reports alert you with security problems and your items with weak password. Currently Watchtower categories related to password strength are Weak, Reused and Vulnerable.

While I can not promise anything, I have passed on your feedback to the design and product teams so they can decide how these new categories can be added to our watchtower.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day! :)

• wdl0355
    wdl0355
    Community Member
    Options

Here's an image of what I'm seeing.

• PeterG_1P
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hi @wdl0355, thanks for these specifics!

Currently, there should be a panel in Watchtower that says Weak Passwords. There's some text within this that says "Weak passwords are easier to guess [...] and so on. If you select show items within this panel, 1Password will present a list of all your passwords it has not rated as strong.

We have also gotten feedback from customers that it would be helpful to be able to break this down further by strength rating, for example, to display the passwords rated as "fair" only, excluding others rated "weak", "terrible", and so on. If you'd like, I can certainly add your request to our existing discussion around that potential feature. Let me know - we're happy to do it! 😀

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests/#817

• Hello @wdl0355, we have recently added this to the latest Beta release!

In release 8.7.0-41, you can now click on the color bar beneath "Overall Password Strength" in Watchtower to get a list of your passwords, sorted and grouped by strength. Check it out and let us know what you think! 😃

https://1password.community/discussion/128543/beta-12-of-2022-is-now-available-️#latest

• wdl0355
    wdl0355
    Community Member
    Options

Amazing! It was only a few weeks ago that I suggested this as a "nice-to-have" feature, and here it is with a cherry on top. Many thanks. Really impressed with the thoughtful way you implemented this feature.

Another "nice-to-have" suggestion for your consideration - When adding a photo or file to an item in 1Password, it would be nice to be able to edit/change the name of the photo or file within 1Password. What I have to do now is save a photo to Files, rename the photo and then add to photo as a file
    to the item in 1Password.

• Thanks so much for this, @wdl0355 - it's great to know this makes a difference to you, and it motivates us to keep the improvements coming!

Regarding your request to rename files within 1Password: this is something another customer requested recently, so we've got an open feature request for it with the development team. And as of just now, I have added a vote on your behalf for the feature. Thanks for letting us know this would be useful for you!

ref: IDEA-I-704

This discussion has been closed.