My daughter recently married and she needs to move her 1Password info to her husband's account

Options
Auroroborous
Auroroborous
Community Member

My daughter recently married and she needs to move her existing 1Password data from my account to her and her husband's account.

What is the best way to transfer my daughter's 1Password data from the family account she is currently a member of into the account that her new husband already has? She already has 1Password installed on her devices and is logged into her my existing family account.

I think she needs to have:
1. her husband to invite her to his (family) account)
2. accept the invite from husband
3. create a password for the new account
4. add existing account on one of her devices
5. copy/move vaults from old account to new account
6. delete vaults from old account (if copied)

Is this the right recipe to ensure no data is lost?

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: MacOS 12.4
Referrer: forum-search:transferring a family member from one account to another

Comments

• Hi @Auroroborous:

Congratulations on your daughter's marriage! 🎉

You laid out exactly the steps she'll need to take. 😀 First her husband will need to invite her to their new family account, then she'll add her new 1Password account on one of her devices. After adding the new account, she can then copy her items from each vault she has into her new account, and make any vaults as needed: Move and copy items

After she's copied all of her items, she can either delete them from her old account, or leave them in there.

Let me know how she gets on with that!

Jack

• Auroroborous
    Auroroborous
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you and thnx for the confirmation!

• You're very welcome @Auroroborous! Feel free to get in touch if you need anything else.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.