Warning Popup on Launch

Options

Can't find the 1Password Version as that menu is gray out but it is the latest on the website as of writing this post.
I am getting a popup saying "You’ve used a newer version of 1Password on this device. Update to the latest version to keep using 1Password. Contact support@1password.com if you need help."

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• Penguinlay
    Penguinlay
    Community Member
    Options

• Penguinlay
    Penguinlay
    Community Member
    Options

• Penguinlay
    Penguinlay
    Community Member
    Options

On launch, I get the popup, and on clicking OK, the app quit completely.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Penguinlay

This can happen if you switch from a more frequent release channel (such as nightly/beta) to a less frequent one (such as beta/stable). Do you remember anything like that happening?

In any case the path forward is to reset the 1Password database (note: you may have to sign back in using your Secret Key and account password). To do this, erase the following folder: ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data

Once you're signed back in I'd recommend checking which release channel you have set in 1Password's preferences and verify that is the release channel you want to be on.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Penguinlay
    Penguinlay
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I just followed the instruction. It only ask me the master password again. Everything works fine now. And, most important of all, I don't need to enter master password again every time I launch the browser (I usually quit it after I finish my task)!

• Hi @Penguinlay, thank you for letting us know how this went. It's great to know that everything's working properly now! Congrats from our team 🥳

This discussion has been closed.