To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Longtime user, standalone account working fine - do I need/have to get a membership?

Options
Sardeenie1
Sardeenie1
Community Member

I've been using 1Password on iPhone for many years (can't remember how much I originally paid, if any), my app seems up-to-date (7.9.5) and no one has asked me to get a membership so far. Could you explain the benefits of getting one? (Fyi, I only use the app on my iPhone and don't plan to sync to other devices; I use it for myself and no sharing with other family; I'm based in Hong Kong. My only concern is: does lack of membership impact my ability to back-up my vault in case my phone gets stolen or I change my phone in future?)
Thanks a lot for any insight!

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.4.1

Comments

• @Sardeenie1

Membership is the way forward with 1Password. The next version of 1Password (8) has just entered beta and will require a membership. I made the jump to membership because all data is backed up in your account on 1Password.com. Provided you have your πŸš’ Emergency Kit and know your password, you would have everything you need to sign into a new phone, and away you go with data in hand. No need to worry about backups when changing devices and so on. We have a great team of folks who are ready and willing to help. I would encourage you to reach out. They can answer any questions you may have, and you may also have promotions available to you. For that reason alone, I would recommend the email as it costs nothing to talk to my colleagues on that team.

Please use support@1password.com. If you don't mind include a link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/129239/longtime-user-standalone-account-working-fine-do-i-need-have-to-get-a-membership so we can connect the dots as they say.

• Sardeenie1
    Sardeenie1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I will reach out to them.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Sardeenie1

We look forward to your email! 😊

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Sardeenie1 !

you would have everything you need to sign into a new phone

That is exactly why I'm using 1Password. Tried to switch to a pasword manager where I'm able to host my local vault on my own. Created the vault in my cloud and connected the vault via WebDAV. But then I was worried about how my wife is able to set it up when I'm not here... For me, 1Password is the best solution. So my wife (and my family) is able to download the 1Password app and after logging in everything is there. No need to configure the connection to the cloud. πŸ‘

• Ben
    Options

πŸŽ‰πŸ˜ƒ

Ben

This discussion has been closed.