1Password extension for Chrome, Firefox, Edge don't work.

Options
Shelby18
Shelby18
Community Member

I have removed and reloaded the extensions but still not working. When I click to open nothing happens. I can log into my desktop app ok.

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Browser Extension doesnt work

Comments

• jsims
    jsims
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem after reinstalling Windows from scratch. The 1Password desktop app works fine, but when I try to use the extension in chrome, it shows the open 1password, but does nothing when you click on the button:

1Password for Windows 8.6.1
    Extension: 2.3.3

• Craig1P
    Craig1P
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here, tried the restart, uninstall plugin (Chrome), also not working on iOS App.

• Hi @Shelby18 / @Craig1P:

Our team is aware of and investigating an issue with connections to my.1Password.com. Head to @1PasswordStatus for updates. Thank you!

https://1password.statuspage.io/

@jsims:

We're currently tracking an issue where the "Open 1Password" button may not open 1Password as expected. If you unlock 1Password for Windows directly, does that unlock 1Password in Chrome? Let me know!

Jack

• Tcl
    Tcl
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P

I was facing the same issue , so i will explain what i had in some detail
    I was not able to update a specific password from the browser plugin
    but updated it from the windows app

I google and found this https://1password.community/discussion/125722/unable-to-save-item-cant-save-login-info-for-any-web-site#:~:text=Clear Chrome's cache by following,Open Chrome > Try 1Password again.

So I followed the steps
    When I clicked 1Password, it would open a browser tab, where i was asked to click on the 1password button in the browser
    it would then attempt to sync, never finish, and the 1password remains to appear locked

I unlocked 1Password from the windows apps, and tried again but same behavior

After that, i went to a page , and without doing any action, 1Password was unlocked and passwords were being filled, but it was still showing the old password

I notice that now this seem fixed, and passwords are synced again

• Hi @Tcl, thanks for letting us know about the current state of this issue. It's great to know that your passwords are synced again!

Do let us know if you have any further issues - we'll be happy to investigate in-depth. 👍

• Piebas
    Piebas
    Community Member
    Options

I just installed i new laptop and have the same issue on Windows 11
    I'm using 1password 8.6.1

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @Piebas, thanks for reaching out.

To investigate further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC and grab an extension console log:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Sending Extension Console Log

Attach these to an email message addressed to support+windows@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Thanks!

Ali

• Piebas
    Piebas
    Community Member
    Options

Done!

• AliH1P
    Options

Hi @Piebas, thanks for letting us know. I've located your email and will send out a reply shortly!

ref: APG-95436-623

This discussion has been closed.