1Password 8 Beta Opt Out

Options
TaylorC01
TaylorC01
Community Member

How do I downgrade from the 8 Beta to the stable release 1Password 8? I tried uninstalling and deleting the app and downloading the stable release but when installing it said that I've previously had a newer version installed before and I need to use that version. So it's forcing me to download the beta link and use that.

1Password Version: 8.8.0 80800011, on BETA channel
Extension Version: version 2.3.3
OS Version: 12.3.1 (21E258)

Comments

• Endareth
    Endareth
    Community Member
    Options

Following all the instructions on https://support.1password.com/uninstall-1password/ (basically deleting every trace of 1Password), then re-installing did the trick for me. Would be nice if they provided an actual uninstall script, given how many manual deletes are needed, but at least those steps work.

• GreyM1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi both,

If you're seeing a "you've used a newer version" dialog box pop up, you don't need to remove all of 1Password 8 to fix this. Here's what to do:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in the menu bar (if it's there) and click Quit.
    2. Open Finder, and click the Go menu > Go to Folder...
    3. In the box that appears, copy and paste the following exactly:

~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/

and press Return.
    4. You'll see a folder called Data – drag this to the Desktop.
    5. Wait a few moments and then open 1Password 8. You'll be taken through the first setup process again.

Hope that helps!

– Will

• ballblaze
    ballblaze
    Community Member
    Options

this works for me. Thanks! I was a dummy and couldn't see the "group containers" folder but i guess i had to paste in the address in case anyone else has the same issue

• ag_tommy
    Options

👍

• ooga
    ooga
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_will @ag_tommy Thanks for this - can we delete the "Data" folder after dragging it to the desktop?

• ag_tommy
    Options

@ooga

Provided you can login and your data is present, yes.

• cyberskier
    cyberskier
    Community Member
    Options

Hmmm, I tried this, and it walked me through the setup process again, and in the "About" menu I was still on the Beta. Do I need to revert that before following the steps in Will's post? Thanks for any help!

• cyberskier
    cyberskier
    Community Member
    Options

So I followed Will's instructions again, but I first deleted the 1Password app after step 1. That did the trick, and I'm now on the Production build.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for sharing, @cyberskier. Glad to hear that did the trick.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.