I am deathly afraid of losing all of my passwords if I try to upgrade to ver 8. I am using V 7.9.4

Options
grandpamike
grandpamike
Community Member

If I can get some help from 1Pass I would appreciate it. Running MacOS Big Sur 11.6.6

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @grandpamike! 👋

I can empathize with your nervousness, sometimes you can run into all sorts of pitfalls when updating to a new app. 1Password 8 is different from other apps since all of your items are backed up to 1Password.com and you can always restore your data from there if something were to go wrong on your Mac. The installer from our website will make sure that your account is transferred to the new app and you'll see all of your items in 1Password 8 once you finish the installation and unlock the new app using your account password. You can download 1Password 8 directly through our website:

Please let me know if you run into any issues with installing 1Password 8 from our website and I'll be happy to help further. 😊

• grandpamike
    grandpamike
    Community Member
    Options

Dave,

I just signed into 1password, and I cannot find a backup for my passwords. There is 6 passwords showing but I have over 161 passwords, so not sure what to do. TIA

• grandpamike
    grandpamike
    Community Member
    Options

I went to my acct, and I cannot see a full backup of my passwords, only 6. I still need assistance.

• grandpamike
    grandpamike
    Community Member
    Options

I went to the 1pass site, and cannot find any more than 6 passwords not the 161 I have on my computer?

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2022
    Options

@grandpamike

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: grandpamike
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/130338/i-am-deathly-afraid-of-losing-all-of-my-passwords-if-i-try-to-upgrade-to-ver-8-i-am-using-v-7-9-4

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much! Once we have the report we can work with you one on one via email.

• grandpamike
    grandpamike
    Community Member
    Options

[#MLR-75684-418]

• grandpamike
    grandpamike
    Community Member
    Options

who can see my diagnostic report, and is it encrypted ? I am concerned about it becoming public, and should that be a concern?

1Password Version: 7.9.4
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: MacOS 11.6.6
    Referrer: forum-search:is there a chat for 1pass

• ag_tommy
    Options

Thanks @grandpamike

Someone will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: MLR-75684-418

• grandpamike
    grandpamike
    Community Member
    Options

Thans you

• Thank you, @grandpamike. We have received your email message and will follow up with you there.

• grandpamike
    grandpamike
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Not clear from that page, but diagnostic reports created by the Mac App (and probably other platforms) are JSON files which are not encrypted.

• grandpamike
    grandpamike
    Community Member
    Options

Peter, Can you please let me know that the information I sent, has not been compromised in any way ? I would sleep better knowing that.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@XIII

You're correct that diagnostics reports are not encrypted (since we need to be able to read them on our end). Diagnostics reports are meant for troubleshooting technical issues only and they do not contain any of a user's 1Password items.

@grandpamike

The diagnostics report that you sent in to our support team over email has not been compromised. Furthermore, the diagnostics report does not contain any of your 1Password data so there is no risk of your data ever being compromised just by sending us a diagnostics report.

• grandpamike
    grandpamike
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, now I can sleep soundly.

• Dave_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

@grandpamike

I'm happy to hear that, my colleagues will be in touch over email soon. 😊

ref: MLR-75684-418

This discussion has been closed.