After adding a new item the 1P8 window became blank

Options

I had used the Safari extension to trigger adding a new item to 1Password which opened the 1Password desktop application and I successfully created my new login item, however once I saved it I got the usual popup at the bottom of the window asking if I wanted to view the item but the rest of the window was completely blank. The popup went away before I clicked on it and I was left with just a blank window which I had to close and reopen to see things again.

Screenshot of the issue (albeit, it's just a blank window):

After reopening the window I did then have an update to do so that may have fixed the issue and I've not been able to replicate the issue so far... I was on 1Password 8.8.0 (80800214 Nightly) and now I am on 80800216 Nightly,

1Password Version: 8.8.0 (80800214 Nightly)
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• sourcecube
    sourcecube
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, M1 MacBook Pro 16”

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

@sourcecube

Are you using a Virtual Machine in this instance?

I'd also like to ask you to create a diagnostics report that will give us more insight into your setup and a chance to review any logs.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Click 1Password in the menu bar.
    3. Click Preferences.
    4. Click Advanced in the new window that appears.
    5. Click Send Diagnostics.
    6. Click Reveal.
    7. Attach the .1pdiagnostics file saved in that folder to your reply.

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Password, or Secret Key. About 1Password diagnostics information

Send that to us using support+forum@1password.com

• Odd, thanks for that. Looks like I was editing while you were replying. Sorry about that. I would not expect this behavior but I'll let the developers look into it.

• sourcecube
    sourcecube
    Community Member
    Options

Just sent that over now (I'd already put my laptop away when I saw your comment and so was replying from my phone). I didn't see anything in particular in the logs but I've given the timestamp so hopefully there are other debug logs in the diagnostic report that will help.

I haven't seen it happen since so it may just be one of those annoying non-reproducible bugs!

• Thanks @sourcecube

I'll reply to your message.

ref: ZJP-47955-464

This discussion has been closed.