How do I search for a specific label/tag inside a specific vault?

Options
hellstorm
hellstorm
Community Member

I found the documentation on how to search for one value (vault, tag, etc). But whenever I try and search multiple (e.g. =vault:Personal =tag:Home) values in the macOS 1password app (not the browser, not the extension), it returns everything with the tag, regardless of what vault it is in.

What I am trying to do is take a previous tag (imported from LastPass) and make sure everything with that tag is moved to a Shared vault. However, when I 'select all' it won't let me move any of them because some of them are already in that shared vault. Thus why I am trying to restrict my search to a specific vault.

Is this expected? Am I doing it wrong? Do I need to add boolean operators or something else?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:search a specific vault and label

Comments

• hellstorm
    hellstorm
    Community Member
    Options

Ah ha! I was able to solve this with a collection. I made a collection of every vault except the one I want to move everything to. Is there a better way to do this?

https://support.1password.com/collections/

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

@hellstorm

I am very much a champion of collections. It would be my personal choice. I'd also like to mention macOS 12.5 has been released, if you happen to want to update.

edit:

One of my colleagues found a request for combining search items like you are looking to do. I've added you to that request.

ref: dev/core/core#13397
    ref: IDEA-I-1480

• hellstorm
    hellstorm
    Community Member
    Options

Much appreciated! Collections are awesome and I am exploring them more to see what other problems I can solve. I’m a new user who is still trying to clean up after my migration from LP->1P on a family plan. Another thing I just ran into is the need to bulk edit/rename tags, which doesn’t seem to be doable either. Not a deal breaker, but sure would be useful.

• Hey @hellstorm,

Glad to hear you're making progress typing up loose ends from a migration and that collections are playing a part in that!

Regarding renaming tags, this feature was recently added to the 1Password for Mac Beta so hopefully we'll see it in the production build in the future. In the meantime, I think utilizing the ability to select multiple items and dragging them to a tag to assign it may be your best bet. Let me know if I can help with this.

And welcome to 1Password! 🎉

This discussion has been closed.