Downloaded 1password 8 for iOS and Android. Seems like I can not sort my favorites alphabetically.

Options
goetzel
goetzel
Community Member

Dear all. Just started using 1Password 8 and my favorites are not sorted alphabetically. Not a big problem, but... Does not work on my Android Pixel 6 Pro or on my iPad mini 5.

1Password Version: 8.9.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12 / iPadOS 15.6
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Sorting of favorites

Comments

• Hi @goetzel Thanks so much for the feedback. Currently favorites are sorted by their creation date. But I like the idea of allowing users to chose to sort favorites alphabetically (or by modification date) if they want. I'll talk it over with the team.

Keep the great feedback coming!

• @AMonitorDarkly Of course you can ask!

I understand that from a user perspective, it seems like these features were removed or inexplicably changed, and I totally get that it's frustrating.

From a development perspective, 1Password 8 for Linux, Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android are ground-up re-writes. We built everything from scratch. A consequence of that are several of the frustrations that we know users are experiencing:

• Some features haven't made it in (yet). We know we can't do everything at once, so we have to prioritize.
    • Some decisions were made (like sort order) with the best knowledge we have. Remember that we don't have behaviour tracking in the 1Password apps. We have no idea how many people like or use certain sort orders. We do our best based on talking to customers (and each other, we're users too), and then we validate those decisions with feedback like yours.

I know that doesn't make change (or omissions) any less frustrating, but I hope that you can see that we're doing our best while protecting your privacy and keeping you safe online.

Please keep the feedback coming. As I said, it's how we know if we've hit the mark or not.

Thanks 💜

• gc916
    gc916
    Community Member
    Options

Please add me to the list of longtime users who would prefer that I be able to choose to have Favorites sorted alphabetically.

Thanks to the 1Password for your continued efforts. Version 8 is looking good thus far.

• albyrne2540
    albyrne2540
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, seeing this too. 1P v8 for iOS has randomised the sequencing of my Favorites, and I can see no way to force a sort by ANY criteria, or to manually sort! At least the Mac version lets me alphabetically sort (or reverse alphabetically). There is, thus, no apparent way to match the sequence of Favorites across devices. I have Mac, iPad and iPhone.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Currently favorites are sorted by their creation date.

Thank you for explaining this. I thought it was completely random…

The UX is just as bad though. Please add sorting alphabetically.

• Eye_like_1Password
    Eye_like_1Password
    Community Member
    Options

I also have the same request. Please add alphabetical sorting of the Favorites lists in 1P8 for both the iPhone and iPad. 1P8 for Mac and Windows has that functionality. 1P7 for iOS had it. Please fix.

• MerryBit
    MerryBit
    Community Member
    Options

Me too. Being able to sort everything but Favourites is not a good user experience for me.

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on being able to sort favorites alphabetically. Better yet just be consistent and provide the same sort control that’s already been developed for the All Items view and call it a day.

• mburnett
    mburnett
    Community Member
    Options

+1
    Alphabetic or custom sort would be best. Definitely not something as irrelevant as creation date.

This discussion has been closed.