To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrating from Dropbox to membership (and v7 -> v8)

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Is 1Password 8 for iOS and iPadOS a paid upgrade?.

Comments

• mac1
    mac1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben
    How can I right transfer passwords and other data from 1Password version 7.9.7 to 1Password 8 subscription?
    I am currently using version 7.9.7

• mac1
    mac1
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Sync by Dropbox from v. 7.9.7

• Hey @mac1

I would be glad to help you with this. To avoid exposing any confidential information, I have reached out to you via email. This will allow us to go into greater detail about getting things sorted out. Please respond to the email once you receive it! :)

ref: UDR-65467-597

• mac1
    mac1
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben @joshua_1p I did it but you could hear a pin drop

• Ben
    Options

@mac1

My colleague Ashlee replied to your email 4 days ago. Did you not receive that response? If not could you please check your spam folder? Additionally, I'll re-send their message. 🙏🏻

Ben

ref: UDR-65467-597

• redkay
    redkay
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I am having trouble migrating from version 6 to 7, I used the steps in the migration support page, it didn't work, it showed a question mark and asked to contact suppor. I did a regular copy and paste between the drop box vauls and the personal vaults. All data seems to be there, is that a correct way, or I may face a problem that I am not aware of?

• @redkay – If you can see all the items you're expecting in 1Password 8 and on 1Password.com, then you can safely remove your Primary vault. Using the migration function in 1Password would tell 1Password never to migrate that vault again, but if you're removing it anyway, there's no risk of that happening. :) Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help.

This discussion has been closed.