v8 Keyboard Shortcut Issues

Options
classz
classz
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Mac

MacOS - I upgraded from v7 to latest v8 - now I have the following issue:
Cannot set the shortcut key of Option+Cmd+"\". For some reason, the "\" character doesn't get picked up when I try to use it as shortcut for open-quick-access. This used to work for v7.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: MacOS 12.5
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• acurrieclark
    acurrieclark
    Community Member
    Options

I am finding this exact issue. Same as https://1password.community/discussion/131037/quick-access-shortcut-acting-funky by the looks of things. As soon as I enter Option+Cmd+"\" as the shortcut key, it is replaced in the text input by "Cmd-C".

• classz
    classz
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting - were they able to solve this?

• Hi @classz / @acurrieclark:

Do either of you have happen to have Alfred installed?

This shortcut may be used by Alfred's File Search functionality, and if it's in use, trying to set that as your shortcut for 1Password will result in ⌘+C being saved. Let me know!

Jack

• classz
    classz
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I have Alfred - but it did work fine when I had 1P v7. Also, I think that shortcut is disabled for Alfred - from what I can tell, the shortcut is Ctrl+Cmd+"/" (and not Ctrl+Cmd+"\")

• Hi all. ⌥⌘\ (Option-Command-Backslash) is the default keyboard shortcut for Universal Actions in Alfred, shown here:

Changing this shortcut to something else, or clicking it and pressing ⌫ Delete, will allow you to set ⌥⌘\ as a shortcut in 1Password.

Hope that helps!

– Grey

• classz
    classz
    Community Member
    Options

It worked, thank you!!

• On behalf of Grey, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.