Unable to use copy one-time password shortcut in 1Password 8

Options
cannoli
cannoli
Community Member
edited September 2022 in Windows

Hello, I am using a keyboard layout that uses AltGr, and I am using 1Password for Windows 8.9.5. When I open 1Password Quick Access, I am unable to use the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+C to copy the one-time password to the clipboard because Windows instead processes it as AltGr+C.

I see that this issue has been raised in previous versions of 1Password (example: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/319779#Comment_319779 ), and that one workaround was to edit the keyboard shortcut. However, it appears that it is not possible to edit this specific shortcut in 1Password 8; I can only edit the shortcuts to show 1Password, show Quick Access, lock 1Password, and autofill.

Is there some workaround I can use? Thank you.

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @cannoli, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Could you let me know which specific keyboard layout you're currently using?

I'll be sure to file an issue for our developers to investigate this further. As for a workaround, the only thing I can suggest is to use your arrow keys rather than the keyboard shortcut. You can scroll through Quick Access with your arrow keys and press enter to copy a certain field.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Ali

• cannoli
    cannoli
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ali, thanks. The keyboard layout is United States-International. When I press Ctrl+Alt+C, a © is entered into the Quick Access search instead of copying the one-time password.

• Thanks @cannoli, I've filed an internal issue for our team to look into.

Let me know if there's anything else we can help with!

ref: dev/core/core#16792

• cannoli
    cannoli
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Thanks so much!

• You're most welcome @cannoli, thank you for bringing this to our attention 😄

This discussion has been closed.