Why does sharing an item via iMessage not offer the recipient the option to save it?

Options
Penelope Pitstop
Penelope Pitstop
Community Member
  1. I share an item with another 1Password user with the latest version of 1Password installed. When they tap on the graphic in the message, they only have the option to create a new 1Password account instead of saving it to their local app. Why might that be?
  2. Is there a way to share a vault with a friend to make it easier for me to help them with their computing?

1Password Version: 8.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 16.0.3
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello @Penelope Pitstop! 👋

When you share an item using a secure link with someone else who is already using 1Password and they open that link in the browser they should see a button that looks like the following:

If they don't see this button then make sure that they're opening the secure share link in a browser where 1Password is installed:

Is there a way to share a vault with a friend to make it easier for me to help them with their computing?

If you're using 1Password Families then you can share a vault by adding your friend as a guest: Share with guests in 1Password Families

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

-Dave

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    Options

If they don't see this button then make sure that they're opening the secure share link in a browser where 1Password is installed:

Thank you Dave. I suspect that they don't have the extension installed.

• @Penelope Pitstop

Let me know if installing 1Password in the browser doesn't resolve the issue for your friend and I'll be happy to help further. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.