iCloud Vault - Migration Option not Available

Options
ryansantana
ryansantana
Community Member
edited October 2022 in iOS

Hi,

I’ve installed the 1Password 8 on my iPhone and my iPad. I still have the 1Password 7 installed but I can’t see an option to migrate my iCloud vaults to my account, as described in the guide linked below. Can you please help me?

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/?ios

Comments

• Hey there @ryansantana

In this case, it'll be best to email us directly at support+tradein@1password.com so that the right team can walk you through the process. Once you receive a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123], post that here and I'll connect this post with that message. :)

— Grey

• ryansantana
    ryansantana
    Community Member
    Options

Hi GreyM1P, I sent a message to that e-mail and received an automatic message about the account upgrade. I already have an paid 1Password account and I just want to transfer my old vault from iCloud to my main vault so I can use 1Password 8

• ag_tommy
    edited October 2022
    Options

@ryansantana

You can reply to that message and it will open the ticket for follow-up. Then one of my email colleagues will jump in.

I've set it to open to save you some trouble. 😁 With a note you wish to continue talking with one of my colleagues.

• bengoo
    bengoo
    Community Member
    Options

Can’t you just tell us here how to do it? I’m having the same problem. I’m told to download psw 8 and choose “migrate data” from my current version psw7, but I can’t find any such option. Still waiting for email support to get back to me.

• GreyM1P
    edited October 2022
    Options

@bengoo

If you'd like to try this process yourself, here's what to do, in 1Password 7 on your main device:

1. Sign in to your 1Password account on your device containing your Primary vault.
    2. Copy all items from your Primary vault into your Personal/Private vault. (Its name will depend on your 1Password account type.)
    3. Delete your Primary vault.

If you'd like individual guidance on those steps, please email the team at support+tradein@1password.com and they'll be able to walk you through it.

• bengoo
    bengoo
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for trying to help me out. I’ve tried reaching out to support, but it takes them Stine time to get back to me, so I appreciate your suggestion.

However I’m unable to move or copy entries to my vault. I can select them, and chose between move/copy/archive/delete, but when choosing move or copy I’m taken to a new screen that displays both my “personal” vault and iCloud vault named “primarily”, but I’m unable to tap on either. There is no action button.

• @bengoo

Sorry to hear you've had trouble with this. If you've received a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123], let me know and I'll take a look at your email with the team.

• bengoo
    bengoo
    Community Member
    Options

Appreciate your help.

Re: [#SNC-66273-266] Question about 1Password

• @bengoo

Thank you for the Support ID. I see that one of my colleagues has replied to you recently via reply and I recommend continuing the conversation there. To prevent duplication of effort (and to avoid having the original poster get notifications on each reply) I'm closing this forum thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: SNC-66273-266

This discussion has been closed.