Can I print out a hard copy of a vault?

Options
PatMax
PatMax
Community Member

I have not kept up with changes to 1Password. I can't find a way to print a hard copy of a vault (1Password 8.9.8), like I could in older versions?

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac 13.0 (22A380)
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:print a vault in 1Password 8.9.8?

Comments

• Hello @PatMax! 👋

1Password 8 does not currently include the ability to print items from your vault. While I can't promise anything, we do have a feature request open to bring this feature to 1Password 8 and I've let the product team know that this is something that you'd like to see.

Can you tell me a little more about why you'd like to print items from your vault? Perhaps there's another way to accomplish your goal and I would be happy to help in anyway that I can. 🙂

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-1458

• PatMax
    PatMax
    Community Member
    Options

A paper print out was what I was used to as a non-Hackable back up of my passwords...

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2022
    Options

Keep in mind @PatMax that you are exporting in an unencrypted format in order to print. So that local file would be susecpitble to both any malware on the system, and the printer (which sometimes retains cached copies of printed docuements, or can also be infected with malware, as users rarely update printer firmware or drivers when necessary - and printer companies are notoriously bad at ensuring that these are up to date).

That said, you can use the csv generater in the converter suite to convert to CSV, and save/print that. See the README. Please take care when doing this.

• PatMax
    PatMax
    Community Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

MR. C, thanks for that explanation. I trusted the print option that was in previous versions, I will have to explore 8 more to see what options are available in a back-up, that will give some comfort...

• @PatMax

I'm happy to see that @MrC was able to provide an option.

With 1Password 8, your data is already backed up to your 1Password account in the cloud. If you accidentally delete an item you can always restore it from your 1Password account on 1Password.com: View and restore previous versions of items

Your encrypted data is replicated to redundant copies on our end to guard against any data loss.

In addition to the encrypted backup of your data on 1Password.com, your vaults are also saved to an offline cache on all of your devices. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.