Email notifications when unlocking the app

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Safari Extension Started Asking For Password For Every Auto Fill [SOLVED].

Comments

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

I just installed 8, I deleted 7, on my phone. No issues with Face ID either in the main app or in Safari. So far I still think I prefer 7 which I’ve left on my iPad but I may get used to it. However how do you stop the emails that come in every time I unlock the app?

• Hello @pappjo! 👋

I'm sorry that you're receiving multiple emails. Just to make sure that I understand correctly: are these emails that have the subject line "New 1Password sign-in from" and then your iPad's name? If I understood correctly then you should only see that email the first time that you add your account to the 1Password app on a new device or to a new browser. This means that you should have received two emails after installing 1Password 8 on your iPad:

• One when you added your account to the 1Password 8 app.
    • One when you enabled 1Password for Safari.

Have you received more than these two emails? What device is listed in the email's subject line? Let me know and we can dig deeper. 🙂

-Dave

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Thanks, I think I got it straightened out. I did get the 2 you referenced. But I went back a little later and when I went to the Safari extension Face ID unlocked it again causing another email to be sent even though I had unlocked the main app a few minutes before. But I restarted all my devices this morning and have been going to both the main app and the Safari extension several times and have not triggered any emails.

So perhaps I was doing something in error or maybe restarting my phone corrected something but I haven’t gotten any new emails since after the restart. I think I got more than the 2 you mentioned but I’ve been going back and forth to both app and Safari extension even while typing this response and no new emails. So I think I’m good. But could you confirm when to expect an email to be sent?

• @pappjo

You should receive a new sign-in email when you first add your 1Password account to a new device or browser.

That being said, we are investigating an issue right now where 1Password for Safari on iOS will send repeated emails. If you do receive more emails in the future then I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can see if you're affected by the issue. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

ref: dev/core/core#10342

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

Will do.

• 👍🏻

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

No more emails and today was the first day in several days that the Safari app extension had to be unlocked by Face ID, I suppose there is some time span for this, I haven’t gone through all the settings yet. I thought if I was going to get another email it would occur after Face ID unlocked it but no new emails so I think I’m good. Thanks for the response!

• @pappjo

I'm happy to hear that everything is working well now. 🙂

-Dave

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I just restarted my iPad Pro and going to a site that I had to log into apparently triggered 1PW, or maybe just the restart triggered this but I did receive another email stating there was a new sign in on Safari. I haven’t seen this in a while but I do restart my devices every week so it may have been because of that.

• @pappjo

I'm sorry that you received another email. It sounds like you're running into a known issue that our developers are currently investigating where the 1Password for Safari extension on iOS/iPadOS will generate more emails than expected. I've added your report to the internal work item opened for the issue and, while I don't have an ETA on when a fix will be available, we are aware that this is something in need of fixing and we hope to resolve the issue in a future update.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience the issue is causing.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#10342

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave. No biggie if this happens after a restart of my devices which I only do once a week I’m not bothered.

• 👍🏻

This discussion has been closed.