feature request bulk edit modify entry type

Options
snowy
snowy
Community Member

So I have some legacy (and imported) entries that I aren't in the proper category. I would love to bulk edit the 8 bank accounts that are generic "Logins" convert them into Bank Accounts. If I could drag them on the desired category it would ask me how I wanted to reassign those fields. Or if I could modify the entry's category via the edit menu that would also work. But further to do it in bulk. I have discovered my software licenses, IDs, SSNs I imported and entered are not categorized properly. These ultimately will go in a shared family vault. I would like them to be better cleaned up for my wife to find.

or maybe this exists and I am missing it?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.8 (80908009)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.6
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @snowy,

Thanks for sharing your use case, I'm sorry to hear some of your items are miscategorized. While it isn't currently possible to change the category of an existing item, we do have an open feature request for this. I'll add a vote on your behalf as well as your notes about bulk editing. I can certainly see how these would be useful and would welcome the addition myself!

In the meantime, the best way to "move" an item into a different category is to recreate it there. I recommend opening items in new windows for this so you can see the information side by side:

Alternatively, you could also explore tags and see if they help meet your organization needs, as they do currently support the ability to highlight multiple items and drag and drop them to the sidebar to apply a tag: Organize with favorites and tags

Let me know how this goes if you try it out and thanks again for sharing your feedback. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-716

This discussion has been closed.