2FA Enforcement Not Working

Options

Hi guys, I have set up 1Password Business and I have set up to require everyone to have 2FA and to be enforced. I notice, however, the 1Password only occasionally (almost never) asks me to provide a security token when I sign in. It seems to require some employees to do so more often than others. Can you advise what is going on here. Ideally, I would like the system to only request a login once a day, but when it does, it should ask for a security token which the user needs to get from their phone.

1Password Version: N/A
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:2FA not enforced

Comments

• Hi @peterkearney, welcome to the 1Password Support Community. 👋

To start, when you enforce 2FA, everyone on the team will be prompted to turn on 2FA when they next unlock one of the 1Password apps or sign in from 1Password.com in a browser. The next time anyone who has an account on the team uses 1Password, they'll need to turn on 2FA. They won't be able to keep using 1Password until they do this.

That said, and more to your question, your team will only need to enter your 2FA codes once to authenticate that 1Password app or browser sign-in. Only deleting your cookies and clearing your cache will require that you enter your full set of 1Password account details be entered along with your generated 2FA code. Resetting the 1Password desktop or mobile app will have the same effect.

1Password does support two-factor authentication with Duo, if you would like to require your users to re-authenticate more frequently:

Use Duo for your team

This discussion has been closed.