How do I make Favorites my default list, even while currently logged into a current site?

Options
ddancer
ddancer
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Since upgrading to v8 my default list with the Mini web browser extension 1PW keeps defaulting to 'Suggestions' and 'NOT' Favorites as it use to be. I hate the fact that I have to select Favorites and then Open & Fill. Where did the option to have it be Favorites go??

1Password Version: 8.9.11
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: OSX 12.6.2
Browser:_ Safari & Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:How do I make Favorites my default list, even while currently logged into a current site?

Comments

• Hi @ddancer

You can change this in the Settings for 1Password in the browser:

1. Right-click 1Password in the toolbar of your browser and choose Settings.
    2. In the General section at the top, change "Open 1Password to:" to "Favorites", like this:

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• gaa5170
    gaa5170
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue, but when I select ‘Settings’ the browser opens an entirely new page without the settings you show.

• ddancer
    ddancer
    Community Member
    Options

Grey's solution was the trick for me. But it's odd that this option doesn't show up in the Main 1PW Setting's. It only shows up by left clicking (or 2 finger Secondary Click w/touchpad) on the 1PW icon in the browser. Then selecting 'Settings'.

The menu options that show up are slightly different, however once you do that you will see the 'Open Password to' option and you can change it there. It also applies to Firefox... not sure if it's the same for Chrome though as I don't really use it.

• @gaa5170

Could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

https://take-a-screenshot.org

🔍👀 Check that no personal information such as any real names, usernames, passwords, your credit card number, Secret Key or account password are visible.️ You can drag and drop an image into the "Leave a Comment" text box or click the 📄🔽 button.

Then I can see what you're seeing and advise what to do next.

• @ddancer

This is correct – 1Password in the browser has totally separate Settings from those in the main 1Password app. The main 1Password app will always open back up to where you left it, so if you had Favorites selected in the sidebar, then quit 1Password, it'll go back to Favorites when you open it again.

In any supported browser, you can right-click (or click with two fingers, or hold ⌃ Control while clicking) the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar and click Settings. Alternatively, you can open 1Password in the browser, then click the (≡) menu > Settings, like this:

Hope that helps!

• gaa5170
    gaa5170
    Community Member
    Options

Please see my sequence and results. Again, Clicking the ‘Settings’ option just takes me to a new Safari Browser…

• ddancer
    ddancer
    Community Member
    Options

Hey gaa5170,

Here are a couple of screenshots showing how it 'behaves' on my system. The 1st pic shows the 'Settings' along with Help, Manage Extensions, etc. 'WHEN' I right click (or 2 Finger Secondary Tap on touchpad) on the 1PW Browser Extension icon in Safari Browser. The 2nd pic shows the full Settings menu (in 2nd tab next to the King Soopers tab). In the General section is the 'Open 1Password to' with the option to select 'Suggestions, Favorites or All Items'. You can see where I selected 'Favorites' as my choice.

Also I mistakenly stated 'left click' in my follow up to your initial posting... my apologies. I use 2 Finger Secondary Click & Tap to Click on my devices to eliminate the actual 'pressing to click' or the right click option as I rarely use a mouse... 95% touchpad for me. I hope this helps yah.

DDancer (David)

Mac OS v12.6.2, Safari v16.2, 1PW Ext. v2.4.1

This discussion has been closed.