OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Edge
Referrer: forum-search:1password not launching in windows 11

Comments

• ronstafford
    ronstafford
    Community Member
    Options

1Password8 (8.9.12) will not launch. I have to reboot in order to get 1Password to launch

1Password Version: 8.9.12
    Extension Version: 2.5.1
    OS Version: Windows 11 22H2
    Browser:_ Edge
    Referrer: forum-search:1password not launching in windows 11

• Hello @ronstafford, thanks for reaching out.

I understand you're encountering an issue with 1Password for Windows not launching on your PC.

In order to determine what may have gone wrong, I'll ask you for some logs from your system. These should help us track down the specific cause. Here's how you can get that information to us:

Sending 1Password Logs

1. Look for the Windows search bar in the lower-left corner of your screen (where it says "type here to search")
    2. Copy and paste the following into the Windows search bar: %localappdata%\1Password\logs. Then hit Enter.
    3. Select everything in this folder, and then right-click and choose Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder

With that, you'll have a tidy little zip file containing all the logs you see.

Then, attach that zip file to an email message addressed to support+windows@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Jermaine

• ronstafford
    ronstafford
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. Because I found that I could no longer boot up the PC I ended up resetting my Windows 11 laptop and reinstalled the OS and 1Password.

• Hello @ronstafford,

I'm so pleased to hear you have installed 1Password. Thanks for letting me know.

Of course, if you do encounter any further issues, or just have questions about any aspect of the app, feel free to contact us here and we'll be happy to help out.

Have a lovely day. 😄

Jermaine

This discussion has been closed.