To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Issues importing LastPass secure information

Options
bosstone75
bosstone75
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Memberships

I've followed the directions to turn off 2 Factor Authentication in LastPass and then to directly import in my passwords. When I do that, I get an error message stating Import Failed -> We cannot perform an import at this time due to changes beyond our control.

So then I tried following the directions to import using a .csv file. I exported the .csv file from LastPass and then tried to import it into 1Password. When I do that, I get an error message that says Import Failed -> 1Password couldn't import the data. The file may be of the wrong format.

Anyone run into this and found a solution?

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.9.14 (80914009)
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: WIndows 11
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:lastpass

Comments

• windy709
    windy709
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing exactly the SAME problem! There is also another thread, and someone posted a "fix", but I can't see what it is in the thread. Stay tuned.

• bosstone75
    bosstone75
    Community Member
    Options

Darn. I thought I had the solution when I noticed that the rows in the .csv file for secure notes was different than all the password rows. I tried deleting the secure notes rows and tried again. No luck. I contact customer support a few days ago and haven't heard back.

• bosstone75
    bosstone75
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. I found a solution.
    I'm not sure which of these items exactly were causing problems, but I ended up deleting everything in my LastPass Account that wasn't a password.
    This included Driver's License Info, Secure Notes, Addresses... anything that wasn't a password.

I also found 2 lines in my .csv file that had weird characters in it, so I went into LastPass and deleted those two passwords.

Then I used the direct interface between 1Password and LastPass to import the passwords (not the .csv file)

Luckily, I didn't have a lot of "non-password" info in LastPass, so it was no big deal.

This discussion has been closed.