How do i access my deceased father's vault?

Options
ideaster
ideaster
Community Member

My father and I each have separate individual 1password accounts. Now that he has passed i need to access both his passwords and my own. What is the best way to do this?

I am working on a macbook. Dad worked on a Mac mini. I have access to his machine, his emergency kit, and all his information, but not conveniently on my macbook. Seems like I should be able to have access to his passwords as another vault on my macbook. Is that right? What is the best way to achieve this? I have all the files from my Dad's mini on an external drive on my macbook. We have up-to-date versions of 1password and mac os.

-rich

1Password Version: 7.9.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 12.6.3
Browser:_ Brave
Referrer: forum-search:How do i access my deceased father's vault. I have the emergency kit.

Comments

• @ideaster

My condolences for your loss. I lost my father about a year ago now.

You would add his account to your copy of 1Password. Both of the accounts would be available. You will likely want to consider moving his data into a vault in your account. * You described an account, and I'm taking that to be a membership. If either or both of you are not using a membership, then it may be best to get you over to email support, where the team can work with you in a dedicated manner.

support+forum@1password.com is the email address to use should you wish to talk with us away from this public venue.

How to add your 1Password account to the apps

Create and share vaults

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @ideaster!

My condolences ... 😢

This discussion has been closed.