Show password (large) not working

Options

When I search for an item on 1Password for Windows 8.10.1 (81001001), go to the password and click to show the password (large) nothing happens.

1Password Version: Windows 8.10.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2023
    Options

@loggor

Could I trouble you to email support with a link to this discussion? I'd like to have you send over a diagnostic report too. I've only seen this happen on macOS up until your report. I'd like to determine if it's the same issue.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password preferences will open.
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: loggor
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138225/show-password-large-not-working#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

ref: dev/core/core#18395

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, here you go

BMH-17822-442

• Thanks loggor

ref: BMH-17822-442

• vidario
    vidario
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, did you set the interface zoom to something other than 100%?

• @vidario

Many thanks for that hint. I can reproduce this on the Mac if the zoom is increased. Very interesting. No one I have talked with has mentioned that to the best of my recollection.

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

@vidario you are correct, it works when the zoom is at 100%. @ag_tommy

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

I use mine at 110%

• Thanks folks I've made note of this internally.

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Adding a new thing about this that I just noticed. Using the shortcut to zoom (Ctrl +) doesn't bug the show password. But if you zoom by going through the settings menu, it bugs it.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2023
    Options

@loggor

Thank you so much for that. I can reliably reproduce this using the steps you mentioned. Pardon me, I've got to get a video of this recorded for the team right now. This one has been on my personal needs fixing list for sometime now. I'd love to see the team squash this one for good. This could explain why sometimes it's harder to replicate as not everyone uses the same method sort of thing. I personally always use (Cmd +/-/0, Mac) Or (Ctrl +/-/0 Windows) I default to using those as it also works with browser windows. I would expect you're accustomed to the same. Anyway, off I go. Nice find. I commend you for this! Hopefully, it leads to a full resolution.

ref: dev/core/core#18395

• Navarion
    Navarion
    Community Member
    Options

Hi all,

is there any update to this bug? i have it now for a while and its annoying. Ctrl+ does zoom in but is of course not the same as show in Large Type since that one shows also a grid with password lengthe and differentiation between different characters if numeric or not. It was a very nice and usefull feature but i have not seen it on my Win11 machine for ages now. Using 100% scale. I using occasionly multimonitor (2x38") most of the time only single though. I know from other apps that sometimes the apps have issues to remember the right monitor and position the new windows that has been opened and using this feature opens a new window that you can move around. Could it be that its related to that? means showing the window maybe outside normal resolution parameters? As said know this from other apps - though usually older style.

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

@Navarion Bug is not fixed as far as I know. The workaround is to set the scale to 100% through the menu, and after that, you zoom in on the interface with the Ctrl +. This should let you use the Show Large normally.

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

@Navarion I think it's better explained here with @ag_tommy comment and the screenshot I sent

• Thanks @loggor for the assist. OT, I like the new avatar. The older one was way cool too.

• For clarification, the bug is still before the team. My apologies for the continued trouble.