No way to generate a password.

Options
Rigaux
Rigaux
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Mac

I migrated to the new version and I deeply regret it. I find no way to generate a password (IOS + chrome). This is deeply unsatisfying, for such a basic functionality, so important. These instructions do not work https://support.1password.com/generate-website-password/#change-your-password-in-the-1password-apps.

Please, make thing simple: just a button for generating a password ;-((

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:password generation

Comments

• @Rigaux

If you invoke 1Password via the key menu using password autofill do you see the blue "+". If so tap it that would allow you to create a new password.

• Rigaux
    Rigaux
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much. Her is a copy of the form. I do not see anywhere an option to generate a password... I am probably stupid. I am using Chrome 110.0.5481.177 (Build officiel) (x86_64)

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2023
    Options

@Rigaux

Nope, not stupid by any means, your human. 🙂 We've all been there at one time or another. We're happy to help.

That screenshot appears to be from the Mac (or Windows). You posted in the iOS section which is why my response was geared the way it was. No worries. The screenshot (floating box) shows Quick Access in use. It is for filling details. It is not capable of generating a password. We've had a few requests for that ability. I'd be happy to let the team know this of interest to you too.

ref: PB-31450699

• Rigaux
    Rigaux
    Community Member
    Options

yes, sure :-) There is a bit of frustration here: it was so easy with the previous version... OK I'll post the question in the MacOS track. Thanks again for your help.

• @Rigaux

Sounds good. I see that my colleague has already replied to you in the other thread, please continue the conversation there. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.