Auto save login

Options

Is there anyway to auto save a new login in chrome?

when I entered a new user name/password, there is no any pop out window asking me if I want save/update the login info.

I would have to manually click to save the login info by either clicking the extension, right click my mouse or click the box in the middle way of typing my password. none of these feels intuitive.

either chrome password manager/icloud keychain can do this way better.

BTW, how do I save a new login from my ios device? in app and in mobile chrome browser.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @zxrxhzmn,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can save a login using 1Password in your browser using the following steps:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar to access and unlock 1Password with your account password.
    1. Navigate to the website’s sign up page.
    2. Type in your username or email in the corresponding field.
    3. Click in the password field, then select "Use Suggested Password" in the inline menu.
    • If you don't see the inline menu, click the 1Password icon within the field to toggle it on.
    1. A pop-up will appear. Check that the information is correct and that it's being saved to the desired vault.
    2. Click the "Save" button to save the item to 1Password.
    3. With the 1Password item save, submit the sign up form on the webpage to create your new account on the website.

You also mentioned saving items on iOS. I've included a link to a resource below that showcases how to fill and save using 1Password on iOS devices:

Let us know if you have any further questions.

• zxrxhzmn
    zxrxhzmn
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, I understand if I clicked the "Use Suggested Password", there will be a pop out window to ask me to store my logins.

However, this is not intuitive at all. It is getting really annoying to store my logins when I am forced to used the suggested password.

-First, to store the login before the I successfully logged in just sounds not right cause you never know if the password would meet the site requirement or not
    -sometimes I just wanted to use my own password. But manually save it it's just so annoying to use.
    -not every of my family members especially the elders would figure out how this store login method works, and it should be as simple as an automatic pop out to ask you save the login once you entered the sign-in.

All other password managers have the similar approach to save a login- a pop out window after logged in. I believe you guys have this feature before but now it's removed. I understand 1password is going to keep improving the software for a better experience to all users, but remove this feature is just a wrong decision and it should be brought back as soon as possible.

As a password manager, no matter what advanced features it provides, it should does the basic features well, which is store the passwords. at this point, I am afraid to say 1password is just failing to provide the basic functionalities of a password manager.

Feel very disappointed at this moment but looking forward to taking care of this soon.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @zxrxhzmn, the new 1Password in the browser does not offer an autosave prompt upon successful login. Instead, you can save your information using the Save in 1Password option that is presented below the input fields on a login form. This is the most efficient to collect your login details and prevent data loss (which can happen if your information is saved after you submit a form and if the form is not submitted successfully).

1Password does try to look at a website's password requirements (which is typically in the website's HTML code) in order to suggest a suitable password. That said, there are times when the suggested password does not fit the website's requirements. In these cases, we ask that you let us know so that we can report it to our developers for a fix.

In the meantime, if the new login you've saved to 1Password is not accepted on a site, you can always go back to your item and view its history to retrieve your old info: https://support.1password.com/item-history/

Additionally, you can always edit the password or type in your own password before saving it to 1Password. Here's a video showing that: https://share.cleanshot.com/gZ64RX0d

Lastly, I want to share our guide on how to get started with the 1Password extension. The guide can be useful to those who are new to 1Password and to those who are not quite used to the unique workflows in 1Password. The guide goes over how to save passwords at the very top. Here's a link to that: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser

With all that said, I do want to let you know that we currently have a feature request open to bring the behavior you're seeking to the 1Password extension. I'd be happy to add your request to the list of users who would like to see this feature. Because there are users who prefer this behavior, I do hope it can be an option again in the future.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions!

PB-31270418

• 1pElder
    1pElder
    Community Member
    Options

In past versions of 1P, 1p offers to save or update your login credentials upon successful login, if the info isn't already in 1p. bringing this back as an option would be extremely helpful. It would make it much easier to make sure data stays correct.

In fact, I just used the suggested password feature to make an account to post this comment, and I got no pop up window asking me to save. As a result, my 1p community login info isn't in 1p! So annoying and user unfriendly.

• Hey @1pElder,

I have passed on your feedback in regards to the save flow.

As for the suggested password not saving, this doesn't sound right. Did you see an error message at all? What happened when you clicked on the suggested password?

If you open your 1Password and choose the passwords category from the dropdown at the top of your items list, are you able to retrieve it from here?

ref: PB32893495

• Hey @harczuk,

Let's start by checking things are set up correctly.

Can you let me know which browser you are using? Do you see a 1Password icon in your browser toolbar?

Can you also let me know the website you were having trouble on?

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.