Using 1P7 on Mac and iPhone

Options
RonNJ
RonNJ
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have been using 1Password since 1Password v4. Currently I am using 1Password 7 on one computer, a MacBook Air (M1).
Mine is a personal license (not a subscription). I would like to also use 1Password on my iPhone.

(1) Can this be done under 1Password7 with a personal license?

(2) Can this be done using DropBox to sync a single vault?

(3) Where might I find step-by-step configuration instructions?

Thank you!
RonNJ

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 13.2.1
Browser:_ Firefox, Safari

Comments

• Hello @RonNJ! 👋

With the launch of 1Password 8, 1Password 7 is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates. I strongly encourage you to update to the latest and greatest version as soon as you have the chance.

I recommend that you email our dedicated support team at support+forum@1password.com to discuss the options available to you. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly support assistant, with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Please post the Support ID here and I'll make sure that your email gets to the appropriate team. 😊

-Dave

• RonNJ
    RonNJ
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Dave,

Thank you for your response.

While I understand that your team is no longer supporting 1Password7, I hoped that I would get a simple Yes/No response to my original question: Is it possible to use 1Password7 on both my Mac and iPhone with a personal license?

Nevertheless, I have emailed the support team as you advised.

My Support ID is: [#ADZ-57127-896].

-RonNJ

• @RonNJ

Since I don't have knowledge of the specific license that you purchased, our support team would be in the best position to answer your question. I can say that 1Password 7 for iOS is no longer listed in the Apple App Store for download. If you've used 1Password 7 on your iPhone in the past then you can still download it from your previous purchases:

1. Open the App Store app.
    2. Tap the sign-in button or your photo at the top of the screen.
    3. Tap Purchased.
    4. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases or choose a family member's name to see content that they purchased.
    5. Tap "Not on this [device]."
    6. Find the app that you want to download, then tap the download button.

That being said, I've located your support ticket and one of my colleagues will send you an email with more information as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: ADZ-57127-896

This discussion has been closed.