1Password for Safari stops working until Safari is closed and restarted

Options

Comments

• @AMonitorDarkly

Can you clarify if you're seeing an issue when using the 1Password for Mac app itself or when using 1Password for Safari on the Mac? If it's the latter then I do see an open issue similar to the iOS issue being discussed in this thread for the Safari browser extension on the Mac. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac so that I can confirm that you're affected by the same specific bug:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20485

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same problem on my Mac.

• I've split the reports about 1Password for Safari on the Mac to the appropriate forum category so that we avoid confusing multiple issues together. 🙂

@Samtheman67

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• marcgregory
    marcgregory
    Community Member
    Options

The same is happening to me. But only after upgrading to 1password8 from 1password7. Firefox and Edge work as expected. Mac Pro Studio Max (12.6.3) and MacBook Air (13.2.1) Both are M1.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @marcgregory, sorry about the issues you're seeing with 1Password for Safari. To better understand what is happening, I'd like to ask some questions:

• What version of the 1Password for Safari extension do you have installed? You can find it in Safari > Settings > Extensions.
    • Does 1Password for Safari not respond at all, or is the issue intermittent?
    • Does the issue happen on one specific website or all websites?
    • What steps do you typically take to save/fill in Safari?
    • Do you get any error messages?

I look forward to hearing about the details above!

• marcgregory
    marcgregory
    Community Member
    Options

If I select "Allow for all Websites" that resolves the issue on both systems.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@marcgregory thanks for the update! 1Password in Safari does need the correct permissions in order to save and fill. I'm glad you sorted that out.

I hope things are well going forward. If you have any other questions, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.