Chrome extension is "Syncing" forever

Options

My Chrome extension had started saying "Unable to Save" when I'd try to save new log-in credentials from the browser's page.
Following the advise from https://1password.community/discussion/125722/unable-to-save-item-cant-save-login-info-for-any-web-site, I cleared Chrome's Cache, deleted the extension, re-installed it and pinned to the Chrome's panel.

Now when I click on the icon in Chrome it shows a floating window that says "Syncing...". After a while (which can be next to 'forever') it starts showing the 'Open 1Password' button in the same window, clicking on which makes it start 'Syncing...' again.

I have restarted Chrome already...

Your help would be great.

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 2.7.0
OS Version: macOS 12.6.3
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:chrome extension syncing

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bob39722, sorry about the issues you're seeing. It sounds like there was previously an issue with the extension syncing to our server and saving your logins. Now it sounds like the extension is trying to connect with the 1Password app to unlock. Could you try the following to re-sync your account, reset the extension's connections to the app, and see if it helps?

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.

If you use the 1Password desktop app on your computer, please go back and re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app". If you do not use the 1Password desktop app, then please leave it off.

After that, please test things out by unlocking the extension and then by saving a new login. Let us know how all that goes.

• bob39722
    bob39722
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Joy_1P,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Unfortunately, I have re-installed the 1Password app already, which fixed the problem. I understand your steps could do the trick too. I'll keep them in mind.

Cheers

• Thanks for the update bob39722. We appreciate it and hope you have a great weekend.

• bob39722
    bob39722
    Community Member
    Options

Just to confirm that the steps you suggested, work. I just had the Chrome extension go out of sync with the app yet again and I fixed it following the steps. I'll keep its integration with the app disabled going forward. Thank you again.

• @bob39722, I'm sorry for the disruption, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.