How to install 1Password Extension 7.9.9 into Firefox?

Options

Having given up on ever getting 1Password Extension 7.9.9 to work in Brave, I'm trying to get it to work in Firefox. But every time I try to install it, I end up with an extension number of 2.x.x. How do I install the 7.99 extension to work with 1Password 7.99?

With more and more websites dropping support of Safari, Id like to find a web browser that will work on MacOS 10.13.6 with 1Password 7.99

1Password Version: 7.99
Extension Version: 7.99
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.6
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hello @romad! 👋

1Password in the browser has different versions from the desktop app. At the time of writing, 2.8.1 is the latest version of the browser extension available for Firefox. You can download 1Password for Firefox here: 1Password – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US)

1Password in the browser requires a 1Password membership and won't work with older standalone vaults.

With more and more websites dropping support of Safari,

I've actually just started using Safari full-time and I'm finding that it works well with most websites. But I do also love Brave and Firefox. 🙂

-Dave

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P

You forgot that I do NOT use 1Password 8, ONLY 1Password 7 which uses the 7.99 browser extension

I don't have a problem using iPassword Extension 7.99 with 1Password 7 in Safari 13.1.2 (the maximum version that will run on MacOS 10.13.6 High Sierra).

I NEED the 7.99 extension for Bravo & Firefox, and would also like to use it in Opera & Vivaldi

• @romad

There is no such thing as a "1Password Extension 7.99" for any browser but Safari. 1Password 7 only came with a built-in extension for Safari, not other browsers.

1Password in the browser (the modern extension that I mentioned in my previous comment) works with 1Password 7 as long as you have a 1Password account: Download 1Password in the browser

-Dave

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    Options

I only use standalone applications and I NEVER use applications that require me to store sensitive and critical on a vendor's computers.

So here is your great accomplishment for the day: You have succeeded in driving away a customer of over 15+ years.

• @romad

We no longer support old standalone vaults. Modern 1Password account vaults allow us to provide a better, and more secure, experience. Our founder Dave wrote more about our decision here: The future of local/standalone vaults — 1Password Support Community

If you're interested, we're collecting feedback to gauge the demand for a modern self-hosted version of 1Password in the future: Self-hosted 1Password kick-starter

So here is your great accomplishment for the day: You have succeeded in driving away a customer of over 15+ years.

Thank you for being part of 1Password for so many years. We really appreciate that you stuck with us for so long. While I hope that you continue to use 1Password in the future I understand if you decide that another solution is more suited for your own personal needs. Please stay safe out there.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.