Making the Jump

Options

I'm an existing 3.8 customer, and would like to upgrade to 4.0 when it comes out. Better yet, why not upgrade to 3.9 since it's on sale right now (and since you guys will anyway throw in a free upgrade to 4.0).

My questions: should I get the Mac App Store version of the app or the regular version? Why are you offering two different versions of the same app? How do decide which one to buy? On what basis should I decide?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited February 2013
    Options
    • They are basically the same app but are different version numbers. There are some differences, like the App store version requires certain things like data file location etc because of sandboxing.

The Mac App Store is a free upgrade to 1Password 4 should you buy now.

And

The Agile site is a free upgrade to 1Password 4 for user's whom purchased 1Password 3 after Jan 1 2013.

The Mac App Store doesn't have user requirements, you can install on any Mac you feel comfortable having your Apple ID tied to. Its a easier place for folks whom don't feel like checking for updates and downloading and installing like would be experienced with the agile store version.

I am sure the team can give you more details and so forth just thought I would get you going here this evening.

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also assuming that the Agile Store version won't support iCloud, as this is an App Store only feature.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Good point Henry. I have no clue one of team will need to comment on that.

But a really good point IMHO

• Hi guys,

Henry is correct. iCloud sync will only be available for the 1Password app at the Mac App Store, the website version will remain with Dropbox only for now in addition to the USB sync tool we're working on.

We're working on a new FAQs article to help make this clear for everybody, I apologize that it is taking us a while.

This discussion has been closed.