New User

Options
Jeremy Scarpelli
Jeremy Scarpelli
Community Member
edited February 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm a new user, just testing and admittedly haven't read the manual. However I logged in to a site (credit karma) and had 1password save my password. I then wanted a stronger password so had 1password generate one for me and auto-fill the form and submit it. My new password was saved, and I logged out and tried to log back in with 1password automatically filling in my password. It seems that the program should have entered the new password but that didn't happen. The new password that was generated and auto-filled in by the program didn't save. I now have no trace of the newly generated password. Is this normal? Shouldn't the old password be overwritten with the newly generated 1password one? Thanks,

Jeremy

Comments

• Jeremy Scarpelli
    Jeremy Scarpelli
    Community Member
    Options

Anyway to make this discussion private?

• MikeT
    edited February 2013
    Options

Hi Jeremy,

No, there isn't a way to make this private as this is a public discussions area. For private support, you'll have to email us at support@agilebits.com.

As for your question, generating a strong password isn't enough to create a new item or update your item's password. For more information on how to properly update the item, please read the How To: Update a Login’s password section.

It is a bit of a hassle right now but we're working on it. I recommend skimming through that guide for the best tips on everything related to your browser extension.

You can find your previously generated passwords by visiting the site again, press the 1Password button, go to the Strong Password Generator but this time, press on View Password History, select the most recent item on the list and copy the password to insert into the item's password field that you need to update.

This discussion has been closed.