1Password backup to Dropbox no longer working

Options
billyverde
billyverde
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello, I am using Dropbox 7.9.9 on a MacBook Pro running MacOS 13.2.1. I've been syncing database backups with Dropbox, however a recent Dropbox desktop update moved all the Dropbox data to a more secure folder on my local hard drive. Ever since, I've been receiving errors that the database backup has failed.

Exact error message is: "Database Backup Failed. The 1Password Database could not be backed up. The operation couldn't be completed. (NSFileHandleOperationException error 1.)" Keeps popping up every couple minutes or so.

Anyone else experiencing this, and is there an easy way to resync the database backup? Thank you!

Comments

• Hello @billyverde! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble with Dropbox backups. With the launch of 1Password 8, 1Password 7 is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates. I strongly encourage you to update to the latest and greatest version as soon as you have the chance.

When it comes to issues surrounding old standalone vaults and their backups I recommend that you email our dedicated support team at support+forum@1password.com to discuss the options and troubleshooting that is available. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly support assistant, with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Please post the Support ID here and I'll make sure that your email gets to the appropriate team. 😊

-Dave

• billyverde
    billyverde
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Dave! I’ve opened a ticket and the support ID is HPF-17952-323.

Cheers,

Billy

• @billyverde

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I see that my colleagues have already responded and I recommend that you continue the discussion there. Since we have a communications channel open via email I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: HPF-17952-323

This discussion has been closed.