How to reset 1Password 7 back to "first install" flow? 😭

Options
sceleski
sceleski
Community Member

I want to start over with a fresh install of 1P v7 on Mac. I have already tried deleting the app from the Applications folder, as well as a few things under the Library, but 1P keeps asking me to enter the master password after reinstalling the app. Somehow 1P keeps previously logged account information somewhere. This is obvious because I can see details in Settings (1P > Settings > Account) however I cannot remove them. I forgot master password so I cannot even login to do anything. There must be a way to reset the app back to the first install flow experience. How can I do that?

1Password Version: 7.9.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Chrome 112

Comments

• @sceleski

Here are the steps to reset the 1Password 7 for Mac app. The steps below will remove all data!

1. Make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit. or you have you data elsewhere in another sync mechanism.
    • πŸ›‘ Stop here if that is not the case, and let me know.
    1. Open or bring 1Password to the front.

2. Click on Help (at the very top of the screen to the right of the Apple icon) > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. You will be asked to type in a code, and you need to copy it as is, hyphens included.

3. Click on Delete Data and Start Over. * This only removes local data and doesn't affect your data. At this point, 1Password will quit and disappear off your screen.

4. Open 1Password again on your Mac, and there will be two choices - New to 1Password? Or Used 1Password before?

• For 1Password.com memberships: Under 'Used 1Password before' select the 1Password.com option, sign in to your account. * If you see the option for signing into any old no longer used accounts, please use the section for signing into a different account.

--

Additionally, i see you are using macOS 13.1. Please update today. 13.3.1 addresses some potential security exploits.

ο£Ώ Apple Support - Keep your Mac up to date, - Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, - Update your Apple Watch, - Security Updates

--

Lastly, I see you've emailed us. Please let me know if this helps.

ref: BLC-37673-588

• sceleski
    sceleski
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @ag_tommy that was exactly what I was looking πŸ™‚ Appreciate your help very much!

• You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.