App Bug (iOS): Can’t properly edit or scroll through a “Secure Note” item that has a lot of text

Options
2»

Comments

• nc1pass
    nc1pass
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

I can confirm I'm having the same issue when editing a logon item on the latest 1Password (8.10.2) app on my iPhone (latest 16.3.1 iOS). The note for a banking logon page is lengthy but when I click edit, I can't scroll above the note area to edit the other items in the logon area. Hope 1Password fixes this significant bug soon. Not difficult to validate.

• @bugwhat

I'm sorry for the confusion. My suggestion to update to the latest version was directed to another user who was reporting a different issue. You're correct that our developers are still investigating the Secure Note edit issue.

@nc1pass

I'm sorry that you're unable to edit items with long notes. I've added your report to the internal work item for the issue so that our developers are aware that you're affected.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20070

• dakshesh
    dakshesh
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue on iOS, how did your QA team not catch this?

• Dave_1P
    edited March 2023
    Options

@dakshesh

I'm sorry for the frustration. I've let our developers know that you're affected so that they're aware. We plan to release a fix in a future update to 1Password.

-Dave

• 481steve
    481steve
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here - I hope, the fix will arrive soon, as the issue makes it almost impossible to edit secure notes on iPhone. Thank you.

• @481steve

Hopefully, the trouble will be alleviate before long. My apologies for the wait.

• oldcurmudgeon
    oldcurmudgeon
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here…lots of long Notes but no way to add or edit in the iOS app

• Tburgueso
    Tburgueso
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue with editing existing long entries, but on the iPadOS version of 1Password. If I close the onscreen keyboard I can scroll through the entire record, but when I tap on the word that needs to be changed, re-opening the onscreen keyboard, the view jumps to a different point in the note, and I again can’t scroll to the location of interest. In addition, when I tap the edit button for the record of interest, a different record from my list of recent records opens up in edit mode. I can only get the correct record open in edit mode when I start from the list of all records and scroll to the entry using the alphabetical shortcuts on the right side. This started only after I updated my iThings to 16.4, I believe.

• I'm sorry that you're also running into issues when editing items using 1Password for iOS. I've added your reports to the appropriate internal work items open for the bugs so that our developers are aware. We plan to release a fix in a future update to 1Password.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20070
    ref: dev/core/core#20148

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2023
    Options

The issue continues to be on our radar and the team is working with it. Sorry for the delay.

• @bugwhat

Thank you for your comment. We plan to release a fix in a future update to 1Password 8. 🙂

-Dave

• wilco05
    wilco05
    Community Member
    Options

Any updates on this? I can't scroll when trying to edit longer notes on the iOS app as well. Extremely frustrating!

• wilco05
    wilco05
    Community Member
    Options

Any updates on this? I can't scroll when trying to edit longer notes on the iOS app as well. Extremely frustrating!

• My apologies @wilco05 The issue is still before the team. I'm hoping we can get this out to you soon.

• @wilco05

Nope no updates on this one either. The team is still working with this.

• kevinosinski
    kevinosinski
    Community Member
    Options

The note doesn’t have to be “extremely long”; I see this on iPhone when note is only a bit over 20 lines long (as wrapped); that is, when the note starts to require scrolling with the keyboard shown.

Also, perhaps related, I often don’t get the Edit button for notes on the iPad. I can get it back by switching to another item and then back. Leaving the 1Password app and then returning will often cause the Edit button to disappear again. The space where the Edit button (and export and “…”) should be is just blank.

• IvanExpert
    IvanExpert
    Community Member
    Options

I have reverted to 1Password 7 on iOS because of this. It makes 1Password 8 unusable for me.

• Apologies for the trouble @IvanExpert I hope we'll have a resolution soon.

• 481steve
    481steve
    Community Member
    Options

With todays v 8.10.4, tapping on edit, and tapping again onto the note field, the cursor goes right to the end of a note, from where I can scroll, and edit - thank you!

• randian
    randian
    Community Member
    Options

The end of the note is not where I'd expect my cursor to go, I'd expect it to go where I tapped in the note (i.e. where my current view is). Forcing a scroll (which may be numerous swipes) to get back to your previous position, and another tap to actually set my position for edit, is obnoxious.

• NHolden
    NHolden
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - is fixed for me with v 8.10.4 which I got today (13th April '23). I can now edit my notes again which is a relief !!!!

• Hi all.

There were improvements made in handling Secure Notes in the latest version, 1Password 8.10.4, which was published on April 11th. If you haven't already updated, give it a try. We'll be here if you still need any help with it.

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.