Chrome extension and Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk

Options

Hey,

I have an account at Amazon.com (US) and Amazon.co.uk (UK). One for buying e-books and the other for paper ones. The password is stored, of course, in 1Password (1.0.9.315, Win 7) and used together with the Chrome extension (3.9.9.39999). However, every time the extension fills the username and password it pastes the WRONG one (in this case the one for the UK site).

Any solutions? I suppose there might be a syntax error somewhere in the Chrome extension that confuses the two accounts. I happen to use the same email for both sites.

Regards,

celerity

Comments

• celerity
    celerity
    Community Member
    edited February 2013
    Options

Okay, there seems to be an issue on Amazon's side. Apparently it automatically merges the two accounts.

Problem solved. Somewhat.

• Hi Celerity,

If it is now using the same password for both sites, you should be able to update the UK entry with this password and 1Password can then fill for both sites with proper data.

We're working on an update that'll let you share the same item with both sites but I don't have a timeframe on this. For now, two identical items for both sites will let you do what you need from 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.