1Password on Safari will not fill login fields on Disneyplus. How do I fix this?

Options
yashrg
yashrg
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Experienced behavior

When trying to Access Disney Plus, the login process involves two pages.
First you have to enter an email address on this URL https://www.disneyplus.com/login
Here, the email field is focussed already, there is a cursor blinking and the 1password dropdown is open. (But it will also close if I press the 1password button on the right or click outside the text field. And once I click back into the email field, the 1password dropdown reveals the potential credentials I can use. (Oddly, it also shows an ABC login I have as an option. another bug?)

I only have one potential credential I know I can use. So I bring my mouse over that credential, the background changes from white to blue. The mouse does not change to the pointer finger however like it would on the continue button underlaying the dropdown. I tried to click on that option. However, 1password did not fill the email field here. Even though the other entry would be inaccurate, I tried that ABC login option but that also didn't work.

I later went and tried to select the option with just the use of keyboard But even when I pressed enter on the highlighted option, nothing got filled in. So after typing the email myself, I hit Continue.

The URL changes to https://www.disneyplus.com/login/password
And on this page, there is no email field. There is only a password field. The password field has a reveal/hide button on the right of the 1password button. I attempted the same thing as above to get 1password to fill in the password in the field.

Again here, 1password failed to fill in the password for me when I clicked on an option in the dropdown. And just like before, neither of the two options worked.

Now if I use the shortcut ⌘+\ and hit enter for the selected option to autofill, I am able to log in smoothly! However I cannot expect my spouse to remember that shortcut when using safari.

How can I fix this?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.1 (81001033)
Extension Version: 2.8.0
OS Version: Mac OS Ventura 13.3
Browser:_ Safari 16.4
Referrer: forum-search:1passsword will not fill a password on disneyplus

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @yashrg - Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry for the trouble you have bumped into on Disney Plus.

I've done some testing on this page, but I wasn't able to recreate the same behaviour you described. Could you try the following steps to update 1Password for Safari to the latest version, and then create a new manual login item?

1. Update 1Password for Safari using the steps in this article: How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser
    2. Go to the website's login page: https://www.disneyplus.com/login
    3. Type in your email manually - don't click continue just yet.
    4. Right click the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar.
    5. Select 'Save Login' and save it as a New Item. (give it a unique name so we can tell it apart from your other item for this site)
    6. Click 'Continue'
    7. Enter your password on the next page manually - don't click login just yet.
    8. Right click the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar and select 'Save Login' once more.
    9. This time, select the login item you created in step 5, and then click 'Update' on the 1Password dialog.
    10. Refresh the website, and try autofilling the new item using the autofill menu (dropdown directly under the Email field).

If you are able to autofill and log in successfully, you can go ahead and delete your old login item in 1Password.

(Oddly, it also shows an ABC login I have as an option. another bug?)

For this behaviour you are seeing, could you share the exact URL(s) you have saved in your ABC item in 1Password? This will help us narrow down why this is showing up.

We look forward to hearing back! 🙂

• yashrg
    yashrg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response Paul. I was able to get through steps 1-4. However, after I right click the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar, I don't see the option to save login. The only options that show up when I right click on the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar are "Settings, Help >, Manage Extension…, Customize toolbar…"

• Hey @yashrg,

Thanks for getting back to us. Can you let me know if 1Password in your browser was unlocked when you tried the steps?

If not, can you try unlocking 1Password first and then let us know if you are able to follow the steps?

• yashrg
    yashrg
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles I feel so silly now. Yes when I was following Paul's troubleshooting steps 1password was not unlocked.
    This time I was able to click save login, but the dialog titled "Save in" just continued to show the spinning loading indicator with a cancel button underneath.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@yashrg thanks for the update. I have a few follow-up questions in order to look further into what is going on:

• Is this the only website where you've run into such an issue when saving a new login?
    • Is this the only website where you've run into issues with filling?
    • Can you try saving one on our test form to see how it goes?
    • After saving that, can you fill it to see if it works?
    • Do you have any other extensions in Safari? If so, what are they?
    • Do you have any anti-virus or anti-malware programs on your computer?
    • Do you use a proxy or VPN?

We look forward to hearing from you!

• yashrg
    yashrg
    Community Member
    Options
    1. This appears to be the only website where I ran into issue saving a new login.
    2. This was the only website thus far where I encountered the issue with filling.
    3. I tried saving login info on the test form and was able to successfully save the login.
    4. But this form also has an issue with autofilling the saved login info.
    5. I have Todoist and CardPointers extensions in Safari.
    6. I don't use any proxy or VPN.
  • yashrg
    yashrg
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know if this will help resolve the issue, but while waiting for a response to my last message, I also noticed the issue on another website. This time it is account.samsung.com The password field will not take any input when I try to use 1password to fill it.
    I home this can be resolved soon.

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @yashrg - Thanks for your continued engagement on this 🙂

At this stage, I'd like to ask you to create a couple diagnostics from your device and email them into us so we can look a bit closer at what's going on:

1. First, please fully recreate the issue you're seeing.
    2. Then save a log for 1Password in the browser using the specific steps here -> Save a console log for 1Password in your browser
    3. Lastly, generate a diagnostic report from the 1Password app (desktop app) using the steps here -> How to send a 1Password diagnostics report
    4. Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/138688/1password-on-safari-will-not-fill-login-fields-on-disneyplus-how-do-i-fix-this#latest
    • Your forum username: yashrg
    • Do you clear the history in Safari often, or at all?

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here.  Thanks very much and we look forward to assisting further!

• yashrg
    yashrg
    Community Member
    Options

@paul.m_1p Thanks for following with the instructions. Between my last post and your reply, I ended up disabling and uninstalling the extension and reinstalling it again. When I saw your comment I went to try and reproduce the issue and the log. But it seemed to work.
    I didn't want to get too excited too soon so gave myself a few days to test. But I haven't run into the issue again on the test form, Disney+ and account.samsung.com specifically, or on any other website.

I am sorry I couldn't get you guys the logs so your team could get to the bottom of what triggered the issue. But I appreciate the help from the 1Password team.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@yashrg thanks for the update. It is great to hear that things are working well now. Feel free to reach out if you need help with anything else!

This discussion has been closed.