Problems with 3 Part Login

Options
sylsoft
sylsoft
Community Member
edited February 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

1password v3.8.20 on mac os 10.6.8 with firefox 18.0.2. our merchant services website has a 3 part login (our company name, username & password). initially i saved the login but it was saved w/ keyhole icon and i can't change the password. tried to manually create a new record w/ globe icon but 1password puts the username in both username & company id fields. website seems to use https, frames & .asp so couldn't view source and see if field names were the same for those 2 fields. deleted the original record but seems i can't get 1password to ask again. deleted password, 1password won't fill it in (as evidence deletion made it to browser plugin) but still doesn't ask. so need to figure out how to get 1password to ask, or how to get 3 part login manually created. thx

Comments

• Hi @sylsoft,

Would it be possible for us to try it on our own to see what the issue could be? If yes, let us know the site address, you can either put it here or PM me and I'll check it out. While this may not need to be said, don't share your account information, we only need the site address and nothing else.

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Just to follow up on what Mike already wrote, you may have success by simply saving a new Login item like this:

1. Enter all your credentials in the site's login form, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Manually saving a new Login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Saving a new Login item allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :)

If you are still having trouble, please try disabling autosubmit for that Login and let me know if that resolves the issue. Since I don't have an account there, I was not able to verify autosubmit for the form.

If none of that helps, please do let us know the URL as Mike requested so we can take a look.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.