Juniper Network Connect

Options

We just switched over to using Juniper for our SSL VPN.
On the Mac, the Juniper Network Connect client is actually a separate, bastardized instance of Safari.
I realize it would be totally unsupported by both you and Juniper, but I'm wondering if there might be a way to hand-apply the Safari extension into the Network Connect package contents or my library files.
I'm not afraid of getting my hands grubby in there, just looking for some guidance on how something like that might be done.

Thanks,
Mitch

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mitch,

I don't think such integration would be possible. You'll need to copy/paste any passwords into any apps that use a WebView. It is the same rendering engine as Safari, but it is not Safari and thus doesn't have the same extension APIs required for 1Password to integrate.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer right now, but we are looking at ways to allow 1Password to fill any input fields in any app on OS X. It is tricky due to things like Secure Input and application sandboxing, but it is on our radar.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• slvrstn
    slvrstn
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I get that.
    I was thinking of it more like the old Logitech Harmony App which really was Netscape.
    The thing that made me hopeful was that one of the resources in the package contents is called "pluginToIVERedirect.thtml"
    So it has some kind of plugin interface and I thought maybe 1P could get plugged in as well.
    One can dream, can't one :)
    Thanks for the quick reply.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

"Plugin" in this context generally refers to plugins such as Adobe Flash, Sun Java, and other add-ons which render non-HTML content within the browser window. "Extension" is the technical term for what the 1Password add-on is in Safari. I can understand the confusion, though. In general use, plugin and extension are often interchangeable.

Maybe sometime down the road we can have a better solution for cases like this. I'll make sure the developers get your vote for it. :)

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.