Firefox Classic Extension will stop working soon

Options
tomlut
tomlut
Community Member

I just received this warning:https://support.1password.com/kb/202303/

Firefox is not dropping support for Manifest V2, at least not completely. I have no idea if this really does affect the Firefox 1password v7 extension but as adblock extensions will keep working to their full potential in Firefox (as opposed to other Chrome based browsers) I feel this could simply be a disingenuous attempt to scare users into upgrading to your terrible v8.

FYI I've tried 1password v8 and would like to register my displeasure. From an ease of use perspective it is a massive step backwards compared to v7 and I have been looking at alternatives instead. It seems that self hosting Bitwarden will be a much better alternative and I will likely be cancelling my subscription.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @tomlut! 👋

1Password Classic will be removed from Firefox’s extension site (AMO) on July 1st, 2023. For the most robust and fully supported experience, please upgrade to the latest version of 1Password in your browser: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/

If you have a 1Password account, the modern extension still works with 1Password 7.

-Dave

• tomlut
    tomlut
    Community Member
    Options

As I said, I've tried it. It's terrible. I will not be using 1password in future.

• @tomlut

I'm sorry to see you go. If you have a moment then can you tell me a little more about what specifically you didn't like about the modern extension? We're very interested in learning the areas we need to improve, so your feedback will really help. 🙂

-Dave

• Lifeisabeach
    Lifeisabeach
    Community Member
    Options

Same boat. Same observation. Same response. I am NOT "upgrading" to 1P8. I don't do subs. I don't want my data hosted on your servers. Not. Gonna. Happen. Don't ask me where you guys need to improve. You've been told repeatedly over the years. You just don't want to.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Lifeisabeach

1Password 8, the latest version of the app, does indeed require a membership. 1Password.com memberships are the future of 1Password and you can read some of our founder Dave's thoughts here: The future of local/standalone vaults — 1Password Support Community

If you're interested, please fill out the self-hosting survey as we're collecting data regarding demand for a version of 1Password.com that folks can host on their own server: Self-hosted 1Password kick-starter

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.